Wednesday, June 2, 2010

East Belfast Mission

Greetings from the hot and humid Midwest!
I received word today on where I will be serving in Belfast! I will be working with East Belfast Mission, which is both a congregation and a social-outreach center of the Methodist Church in Ireland. (Check out their website at: http://www.ebm.org.uk/.) I probably won't know exactly what I'll be doing until I get there, but the list of possibilities includes:
assisting with youth fellowship, teaching sunday school, assisting in worship, leading after-school groups/ pre-school programs, supervising football (yeahhh team johnny weir fierce*), working with senior citizens, leading dance classes, teaching/leading music, teaching in a school setting, and tutoring children.
I'm about halfway to raising my $2,500 fundraising milemarker which is due by July 15... If you have the inclination to donate, don't hesitate to visit here:
http://www.pcusa.org/yav/support.htm and click on my name.
(I am responsible for $9,000 total.)
I hope everyone is having a great June! I am guest organist-ing at my home church for several Sundays this summer and having all sorts of adventures around St. Louis. For a full list of adventures, feel free to contact me. :)
Blessings and peace to you all.

* name of my w&m im soccer team for those of you who were confused.

No comments:

Post a Comment