Sunday, September 12, 2010

Just a short post

Today was another wonderful Sunday with EBM. I attended both the morning and evening services, and my sabbath sandwich in the middle was much appreciated. I had the time to complete my weekly chore - sweeping the living room floor and scrubbing the kitchen floor. Plus time for a quick nap and to read the No. 1 Ladies' Detective Agency. (Which was excellent!) I am quickly running out of literature to read; need to go sign up for a library card!

If I didn't already like what I had read of Frederick Buechner's work, this quote that I heard in this morning's sermon made me like Buechner even more. Hopefully you enjoy it just as much:

"Whether your faith is that there is a God or that there is not a God, if you don't have any doubts you are either kidding yourself or asleep. Doubts are the ants in the pants of faith. They keep it awake and moving."

In peace and grace.

No comments:

Post a Comment