Monday, February 28, 2011

life as we know it

Rabbit, rabbit, rabbit. (a few hours early)

February was a really good month! I am feeling that I have something to contribute to the work of EBM, and I genuinely think that I have been called to be here.

February was concluded this past week with our second YAV retreat. We headed up to the North Coast of Northern Ireland for three days. We stayed in Corrymeela-Knocklayde (a house owned by Corrymeela but not part of the compound.) It's nestled into the base of Knocklayde (a very steep mountain/hill) and has glorious views of the surrounding countryside.
The glens of Antrim and the Antrim coast are two of my favorite places in Northern Ireland.
While there, we saw the Giant's Causeway, Ballintoy Harbour, overlooked Carrick-a-rede rope bridge, climbed Knocklayde, and even took a day trip to Londonderry/Derry.
It was great.

Here is the picture of our group at Ballintoy harbour:

This week I will be back full time working with EBM (lots of planning and leading activities!) but am then heading out to SCOTLAND on Saturday.
This Saturday through the following Thursday, I am meeting up with two friends from university over their spring break, and we will be spending time in Edinburgh, Inverness, and St Andrews.
Taking my rain gear and good hiking boots, so I should be set.

Thank you all for the many prayers, thoughts, and kind words during these past few months. The days are already getting much longer, and Spring is definitely in the air.
In the grace and peace of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment