Monday, April 4, 2011

April showers bring...

Lots and lots of sunshine.

The weather pattern these past few days has consisted of rainy, windy, chilly, and altogether miserable mornings... that turn into gorgeous, sunny, and warm afternoons. Mmmmm Spring. Coats are no longer required.

Spring has been around Belfast for about the past month. March brought fields and fields and fields of daffodils. Rather appropriate that Marie Curie, one of the cancer awareness societies, sells daffodil pins during the month as a fundraiser.
(Side note: As I was reading a BBC article the other day, I did learn that daffodils are poisonous to dogs. Good to know.)

The past two weeks since St Patrick's Day have been rather straight forward.
What have I been up to, you ask?
Some highlights include:
- leading/ helping plan the Thursday evening Lenten Bible study
- choreographing/teaching two dances for this week's Fusion Factor - Friday Fusion's (the youth club) edition of the X-factor/ Britain's Got Talent show
- Friendship Circle outing to Lady Dixon's park, where we had a lovely picnic of tea and traybakes
- my body struggling for about 5 days to be caught up with Daylight Savings time, which primarily meant that I felt sleep deprived for 5 days straight

Life in Belfast continues to go well. It's really, really hard to believe that my time here is beginning to draw to a close. (My work schedule is beginning to be filled out through the end of June and July.) I am already starting to get a bit teary-eyed when thinking about leaving, but for now, it just means that my work here is not done!
My reflections on leaving the UK and returning to the U.S. is a subject for a separate blog post, so I will let that be a cliffhanger which ensures you will check back to read more of my blog. :)

In grace and peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment