Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Less than 12 hours

With less than 12 hours left in Northern Ireland, this is my last posting from Belfast. (I will be putting up a few more upon my return home, including some pictures!)

This past week has been brilliant.
There has been a special visit by a certain YAV who had been serving in Kenya, there were lots of delicious goodbye meals with wonderful people, and the weather cooperated for my last few trips to the North Coast, the Mournes, and Cave Hill.

My departure brings mixed emotions that I can best sum up as this:
I am satisfied that my year as a volunteer has come to a successful completion, I am excited to drive again, I am sad to leave all of the wonderful friends that I have made in Belfast, I am so looking forward to catching up with everyone in the U.S., but I am also conscious that I am not the same person I was when I left for my YAV year.
What a crazy, wonderful, and slightly overwhelming place to be in.

But for now, as surreal as it is to type this, in grace and peace,
a northern ireland yav-alumnus.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad that a certain Kenya YAV could visit :) Safe travels, and blessings as you transition back to life in the U.S.! See you at the transition retreat in September.

    ReplyDelete